Panos Productions Portrait Photography Terms and Conditions
Clients will be sent an official contract to initial and sign.
Your session fee includes:
• Pre-portrait consultation to bring forth ideas and input to ensure a successful
• Up to 2 hours (30 min. for mini session) of coverage on your session date.
• Post session image preparation.
• In-Person viewing appointment.
• Your session fee does NOT include any prints or digital products. (Groupon special includes 2 5 x 7 professional prints).
•The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in- person viewing appointment. It does not include any finished portraits. There is a non-refundable booking fee of $99.00 to hold your appointment on our calendar. Session fees are non-refundable, however with 48 hours notice, the session can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
- A consultation before your session is mandatory. Katherine will go over critical information to make your maternity, or newborn shoot a success. No session can be held until this consultation has been completed.
- Should clients wish to purchase images, a minimum order of $250 in prints and/or products is required. Katherine's work is in the genre of fine art photography, and as such requires more attention to detail and labor.
- The number of images obtained in a session greatly depends on the behavior of the baby and how well the baby is prepared for the session. Katherine provides detailed best practice recommendations for preparing for your session. If these cannot be followed for whatever reason, it is possible that the session will result no usable images. It is strongly advised that parents prepare for newborn photos well in advance of their baby's birth and have safeguards in place to increase the likelihood of a successful shoot.
- Families that could not plan in advance for their newborn session are welcome. However, having reasonable expectations about the number and types of images obtained is critical. In signing this contract you are acknowledging your understanding that your session may, though unlikely, yield no usable images. Babies who are fussy, have not been prepared for their session, do not sleep deeply, arrive late to their session time or are ill are candidates for few to no usable images.
- Punctuality to sessions is critical. Clients arriving more than 5 min late to their scheduled session time increase the likelihood of getting fewer, if any, images they will like.
•If you have a sick child on the day of the session please call to reschedule. Sick or uncomfortable children do not like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he or she was in good health.
•If you have or are having a boy, please DO NOT CIRCUMCISE your child before your session. We will be swaddling your baby tightly while he is naked, and moving him from one position to another constantly during the session. This is very painful for a child who has just been circumcised. We will NOT photograph a newborn who has been circumcised less than 6 days prior to the session.
•Please bring only the subjects to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with pets and kids, as Katherine will need their full attention on her rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome!
•Personal cameras are not allowed in studio during your session. Please refrain from taking iPhone, cellphone images or video taping. We work very hard to ensure your session is captured artistically and creatively. We ask that you respect our livelihood and refrain from taking photographs of what we are creating.
•You agree to hold harmless, Katherine Katsenis, her representatives, employees and Panos Productions Photography, from any dispute in the event you or your family become injured during your session or while on the studio premises. Panos Productions Photography and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury to you, your children or your family members, or for any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises.
•You will view your portraits at a personally attended slideshow. You will be asked to order prints, canvases, albums and other display options at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a $100 fee.
- If your package includes a cell phone or other digital application of your images, you agree to share the images as they are intended to be shown and to not alter them an in anyway (cropping, screen grabbing, removing watermarks etc.). Our livelihood depends on referral business and the digital album is intended for this purpose.
- Under certain circumstances, we do offer on-line galleries for ordering. Digital files, if available to you, cannot be released outside the studio until full payment is made. Digital files are extremely fragile and easily lost. If digital files are part of your purchase, client assumes full responsibility for treating files carefully. Panos Productions Photography cannot replace digital files if lost or corrupted. Further, uploading images to print can be a very technically challenging affair. Panos Productions Photography is not responsible for troubleshooting issues such as cropping, color, aspect ratio, pixel count etc. and is not responsible for the print or color quality of prints clients may receive printing through labs not calibrated with our studio. Clients print these files at their own risk.
- Clients who cannot make a decision about products or images during their viewing appointment may schedule an additional ordering appointment for a $150 fee. We do NOT offer online galleries for ordering as a general rule. Exceptions can be made in extreme circumstances (such as military families).
•While Katherine usually does capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by her, the artist, for previewing. Only images that meet rigorous artistic and technical standards will be selected for viewing. She carefully renders each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images with eyes closed, heads turned, duplicates, or ones she simply does not select for final rendering etc. will not be shown and are removed from my archives permanently after the artist rendering is complete.
•Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the lab or digital files are submitted to the client either by CD, USB, electronic transfer or email, the order is deemed nonrefundable. Payments may be made cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
•Design work and custom graphics will be approved for color and layout in-person on our professionally color calibrated monitors at the ordering appointment. Only fontstyle, spelling and wording may be approved through electronically emailed proof. Requests for reprints due to color shift on emailed proofs will not be honored.
•Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to be completed. Some orders may take
longer. This is especially true for fine art commissions. Your portraits are an investment and an heirloom that should not be rushed.
- You will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your order is ready. In most cases, Katherine or a Panos Productions representative hand delivers orders to client at their home or office. If this is not possible, we can ship your order to you for an additional charge.
- Clients may be asked to sign a Receipt of Product form upon delivery of order(s).
All ordered images are kept on file for a period of 1 year. Unordered images are removed from our archives after 30 days. Re-orders placed more than 60 days after the ordering appointment require a minimum $250 re-order.
- Clients who opt to participate in the Baby's First Year Package are committing to 4 separate photographic sessions after the newborn shoot (4 mos, 7 mos, 9mos and first birthday). A deposit of $250 is required and is non refundable. Dates for each of the 4 sessions for the Baby's First Year Plan must be selected at the time of the initial deposit. Sessions can be rescheduled with 48 hours notice. Cancellations that happen less than 48 hours before a scheduled session will be rescheduled only if Katherine's schedule permits. Clients may participate in a payment plan with NO interest. The remaining investment for the Baby's First Year Package will be divided into four remaining payments, each one due at the time of the respective scheduled session. Images will be released for viewing and purchase once client has made payment in full for the entire balance due for the Baby's First Year Plan. Should a client wish to cancel their participation in the Baby's First Year Plan BEFORE any photographic session has taken place, they may do so less the $250 non-refundable deposit. Display items are subject to availability. Should a specific item no longer be available at the end of the Baby's First Year Plan, a reasonable alternative with a comparable value will be substituted.
The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Client violations of this Act include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from our website. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. If digital images are part of your package, it is illegal to change or modify the images in any way. This includes cropping, adding effects, or removing watermarks if applicable. Please understand the photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes, and presentation of the images and any reproduction outside the studio may lower the quality of the image and scar our reputation or providing superior portraits. Further, images shared on social media should, in accordance with Copyright, have a Panos Productions watermark, or credit given to Panos Productions Photography by tagging them, or leaving a link to their website www.panosproductions.net or www.facebook.com/panosproductions.